SMS marketing is an owned marketing channel brands use to communicate with their customers via text messaging for transactional and marketing purposes. Brands can create unique subscriber experiences to effectively engage audiences, drive revenue, and build brand loyalty with cohesive email and SMS marketing programs.
In a survey by Attentive, 91% of US consumers admitted they would consider signing up for texts from brands they are interested in, and over 55% of consumers said they have already signed up for texts.
SMS are delivered within 5 seconds and opened within 90 seconds. With 98% open rate, this is by far the most effective channel to get your audience's attention at a key moment and by cutting through the noise of other online marketing distractions.
- SMS Marketing Program Strategy
- Account Setup or Migration
- SMS Subscriber Capture
- Marketing Automation
- SMS Marketing Campaigns
- Ongoing Optimization
- Monthly Reporting
SMS Key Benefits
- Reach consumers and boost growth of owned marketing with SMS Marketing.
- Deliver impactful messages with immediacy and efficiency.
- Leverage cohesive SMS and email marketing programs to create a unique brand experience that engages customers at each lifecycle stage.
- Strengthen relationships with customers and increase brand loyalty.
- Increase revenue from owned marketing with SMS campaigns and automations.
Our Approach to SMS
Our agency takes a holistic approach to SMS marketing by creating a strategy that compliments all your other digital marketing channel efforts. Our team of text marketing experts can build high-ROI SMS automations and campaigns that align with your brand messaging and resonate with your subscribers.
Attentive empowers the most innovative brands to create meaningful interactions through personalized text messaging.
Klaviyo's business SMS marketing platform combines the effectiveness of advanced personalization with the immediacy of text messages.
SMS Marketing Agency Near Me
Ready to get started on improving customer loyalty and conversions? BVA is an experienced SMS marketing agency helping DTC brands launch and scale their text message marketing strategy. Drop us a line if you’re interested in learning more.
- Do users need to opt-in for SMS marketing? Yes, you must gain explicit opt-in consent from contacts before sending out SMS messages. SMS Marketing is regulated by law in the United States and most other countries where it is available to protect consumers’ rights. BVA can help grow your SMS list and communicate with your subscribers via text in compliance with all regulations.
- How often should I send SMS to my subscribers? Following industry best practices, you should send SMS messages to your subscribers between 2-6 times a month. Segmenting subscriber lists is key to finding the right frequency within this range.
- What SMS KPI should I measure? Click rate, Conversion rate, List growth rate (New Subscribers) and Opt-out rate (Unsubscribes).
- What is the difference between SMS and MMS? SMS Messages, or Short Message Service Messages, are standard text messages that can have up to 70 characters when using emojis and up to 160 characters for text-only messages. MMS Messages are “Multimedia Message Service Messages” which include text as well as media such as pictures or animated GIFs. MMS Messages can have up to 1600 characters.
- What are “keywords” in text message Marketing? A “keyword” in SMS marketing is a word or phrase that people can send in a text message to your SMS number to take a specific action or trigger an automatic SMS message response from your brand. Some of the most common use cases for SMS keywords are to opt-in to receiving SMS messages, unsubscribing from SMS messages, and requesting customer service help.
- What is an “SMS” short code? SMS short codes are 5 or 6 digit numbers used by brands to send SMS and MMS messages. An SMS short code provides higher throughputs than a toll-free SMS number, which means it can deliver more text messages in a shorter amount of time. SMS short codes are recommended for businesses that frequently send high volumes of SMS messages at one time.