Why Shopify Flow Should Be Your Online Store’s Secret Weapon
Shopify Flow is one of the best workflow tools in your arsenal if your online store is built on the Shopify Plus platform.
However, using it to its fullest potential requires a bit more strategic thinking than you may guess.
With Shopify Flow, the sky's the limit -- if you know what you’re doing, that is.
Shopify Flow has the potential to automate your operations, take work off your Customer Service team, and optimize a personalized shopping experience for site visitors. As a Shopify agency partner, BVA leverages both our strategy and technology experts in creating the best workflows for our clients. It often takes a combination of technical know-how and an understanding of your business goals to fully leverage Shopify Flow.
Below, you’ll find the BVA’s team’s explanation of how the Shopify Flow app works, along with a high-level ‘how-to’ for leveraging it.
What is Shopify Flow?
Shopify Flow is a workflow tool accessible through the Shopify App store that allows admins to configure drag-and-drop workflows to automate processes for both user experience and logistics purposes.
So, are you tired of managing your store’s inventory? Is it getting to the point that every time you run out of an item, it’s a fire drill to pull it from the site, manage the backorders, turn off any advertising you’re doing for that product, and place a new order to get more of said item?
Well, the good news is, you don’t have to do any of that ever again. Shopify Flow can automate the whole process for you. With this app, you can do the following for inventory management:
- Activate whenever inventory gets low
- Remove the SKU from your site the instant you run out
- And even place a new order to get the item back in stock
Shopify Flow works off of workflows (logically enough) so that you can set it up based on events, triggers, or conditions that occur in your Shopify Plus store.
But hold up, because backorders are only one of its many tricks. Shopify Flow can also:
- Tag a customer that meets certain criteria (either as a high risk for returns, or maybe a high-value customer you want to be extra nice to)
- Automatically add a high-paying customer to your VIP list so that they get special promotions and early access to new products
- Identify and tag products based on their title or SKU
- Send an email, post to Slack, and change product pages
- Monitor actions so that your automations don’t get out of control
When it comes to this tool, there are some out-of-the-box workflows available, but there is also so much more you can do with it if you build it around your own strategy.
Top 3 Reasons Why your brand should use Shopify Flow
1. It’s an easy way to create automations. Shopify Flow workflows are easy to set-up, especially if you are using some of the pre-built templates.
2. Take work off your Customer Service team. Use Shopify Flow to automate essential parts of your customer experience, such as email communications.
3. Optimize your customer experience. Use Shopify Flow to automate inventory management and streamline your operations.
How to use Shopify Flow
You can find and download Shopify Flow for free in the Shopify App store, available only to Shopify Plus customers.
Just like most workflow automations, Shopify Flow works to make certain actions occur when a trigger happens. If the XYZ trigger happens, then ABC will happen automatically.There is a nearly limitless potential to use these workflows to enhance your customer experience and make your business more efficient.
Upon downloading the app, you will be able to:
Choose from the library of workflow templates or use Shopify Flow’s visual builder to customize a workflow that meets your brand’s needs. Sync with other solution apps, such as Gorgias, Klaviyo, Yotpo, and Nosto (just to name a few). Also integrate with Slack, Email, and HTTP requests.
Get in Touch
Have a project in mind or want to chat about any of these topics? Feel free to reach out to us here!